Monday, March 5, 2012

His and hers Pizza

I've always thought that the best foods on earth start with the letter "P".  Pasta salad, popcorn, pickles, potatoes, peanut butter, peaches, plums, pears, pineapple, pitas (dipped in lots of hummus), and last but not least - PIZZA.  When I lived in Madison my go-to pizza was the Fetalicious from Glass Nickel, but since I've moved away I've been trying to make my own from scratch.  I've had plenty of flops in this department.  Getting that perfect pizzeria crust is tough!  Luckily, I think I have my new go-to recipe.

Meet Daisy.  She's my happy mixing master.  I love her because she's yellow, and with her help I don't have to sit and hand knead dough for hours on end.  (Note: she's also really good at creaming butter and sugar).

Daisy works hard so I don't have to

 If you don't have a stand mixer I'm sure you can do this by hand.  It just might take you a little longer.  I found this recipe from Bobby Flay and thought I would give it a shot.  The simple quality ingredients are what really make this crust amazing.


the cast of characters 
 The following are my pictures of the steps, but for the full recipe see the link above.
add the dry ingredients to mixing bowl

stream in the wet ingredients, mix until it clears edges
knead 1 minute on floured surface until it forms a tight ball 
let rise until doubled in size (I put mine in the microwave to keep warm)


 Baking Method

-Once your dough is ready, stretch the dough ball into circle/rectangle and place on cooking sheet sprayed with olive oil

all stretched out
-Preheat oven to 435 degrees
-Let dough rest for 10 minutes
-Put pizza dough in oven for 8 minutes to precook
-Take out of oven when slightly cooked, this is the secret right here, the bottom is getting done and the air bubbles are able to bake in the dough before you put everything else on.
-Change oven to low broil setting
-Add sauce, cheese and toppings
all ready to go

  • For him: pepperoni, tomatoes, chopped black olives
  • For her: tomatoes, spinach, fresh mozzarella balls


-Put back in the oven for 6-7 minutes, until cheese is melted, and the crust is starting to turn golden brown.
-Remove from oven and let cool 3-4 minutes before slicing and serving.
-Eat up!!!!!


waiting to be eaten
















I will DEFINITELY be making this again (like this week - with the other half of the dough I have left).  Now that I have the perfect crust, I fully intend on recreating the deliciousness that is Fetalicious!  Get excited!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: His and hers Pizza

This page has moved to a new address.

His and hers Pizza