Monday, March 5, 2012

A case of the Mondays

Don't these look lovely? No? They sure are tasty though!
Today was just not my day...

I should have known it when I woke up feeling a little under the weather.  I should have known it as I went down a slip and slide drove on black ice the whole way in to school this morning, watching as I passed car after car (times 18) in the ditch.  Everything was just off enough to make me feel irritable (please tell me you know the feeling.)  

By noon, I'd had enough.  I was not going to let Monday get the best of me.  So I did what I know always makes me feel better, I went and worked out.  Lifting weights, dripping sweat, and fake jumping rope (looking like a crazy person) really does the trick.  [I realize I just painted a very pretty picture of myself, I know]  After a short hour I felt MUCH better, and a short 5 minutes after that I was starving.  So I did my next favorite thing, baked.  

These cookies were a complete random mix of things that I had in my cupboards that by chance turned into what is sure to become my favorite snack.  They're chock full of whole grains, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, and protein.  These are great for a post-workout snack.  Or pre-workout, or breakfast, or icantkeepmyeyesopenanymorebutineedtokeepstudying snack.  

Energy Boost Cookies
(makes 18-20 medium small cookies)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c raw almonds
  • 1 1/2 + 1/2 c rolled oats 
  • 1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 T chia seeds + 3 T water
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 2 T PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
  • 1/2 t vanilla flavored stevia liquid
  • 1/2 c almond milk (or any milk you have)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 c craisins
Directions

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-mix chia seeds with 3 T water in small bowl to make a "chia egg"
-Let this sit to "gelify"

-Add almonds to food processor, grind until consistency of sand
okay maybe rocky sand
-Add 1.5 c oats to food processor, grind together with oats until you get a uniform mixture

-Mix in protein powder, PB2 and baking soda
-Add in wet ingredients (milk, banana, chia egg) and pulse until you have a dough
-Stir in final 1/2 c whole oats and chia seeds
-Scoop onto greased cookie sheet (or silpat if you have one) 
            I used my cookie scoop which is about 1/8 c
-Put in middle rack of oven and bake for 8 minutes
-These will be slightly crunchy on the outside from the oats and soft and doughy in the middle
Eat me!!!!!!!!!
Bring it on Monday!!!!!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: A case of the Mondays

This page has moved to a new address.

A case of the Mondays