Tuesday, April 17, 2012

cookies and clutches

I did it!  I finally did it!!!!  I made chocolate chip cookies that are delicious and don't flatten out like pancakes.  For the longest time I've been making the recipe from the back of the Tollhouse bag.  It's a classic recipe that always made the softest, chewiest cookies.  I always loved the taste of them so I never realized until a few years ago that they really aren't supposed to flatten out until they're almost see through.  Ever since then I've been looking for a recipe that recreated the taste of my beloved cookies, but didn't fall flat.  This is it folks.
I followed this recipe to a tee so I'm just going to post the link and you can check it out for yourself.  I'm not sure exactly what the magic is in this recipe.  Maybe it's the 360 degree oven (random), maybe it's the parchment paper trick at the end.  Whatever it is, it works.
from this
to this - in 12 minutes flat!!!!

On a completely different note - I've been looking all over the internet for the past month to find the perfect wedding clutch.  I want something that is pretty, vintage, and small to hold things like lipstick, gum, and kleenexes for the my big day.  I've narrowed it down to the following three clutches that I found on Etsy.  As my friends, I'd like your input on the subject.  Let me know which one you like best, or if you have any other recommendations of things you seen that you think I might also like.  If you don't know what Etsy is, it's a wonderful free online community that people can go on and sell their handmade goods.  I've gotten a few things from different vendors and had great success.  I love the idea of something handmade that nobody else has.  Something that has a story behind it...  Here are my favorite clutches.  Which one do you like best?
choice 1 
choice 2
choice 3

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flat-as-a-pancake cookies are the worst for surely! I've recently discovered the amazingness that is cake batter cookies (funfetti are my fav) and they are the most fluffy and chewy and delicious cookies ever! As for the clutch, they are all oh so cute but I would have to say my top pick would be choice number 1. It's elegant, it's vintage and it's unique...but of course it all depends on what goes best with your B-E-A-utiful dress ;)

 
At April 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

love numero uno!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: cookies and clutches

This page has moved to a new address.

cookies and clutches