Monday, April 16, 2012

Summer Marinated Chicken

Dear Monday.  I'm sorry but you are not my favorite day.  It's not your fault that you have to follow up Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  If you could just be a little nicer to me though (especially your alarm clock) I would appreciate it.
(original source)
Sunday though, you were fun!  Josh and I spent Sunday working on wedding details.  Wedding details that involved a trip to TJ Maxx.  Score!!!  We got some great deals on things that we probably could have found online, but with a little digging and dirty work, we were able to make our own versions for much cheaper.  I'm sorry I'm begin so vague on here, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for those of you who are coming to the wedding.  I plan on doing a detailed recap after the wedding to share our diy projects and experiences.  I will tell you that we know that time is money.  You have to pick and choose your battles with diy projects.  Some times it is very much worth it to roll your sleeves up and do things yourself - other times your time is more valuable than the savings (and potential headaches).  I digress.

When we were done bargain hunting, Josh said that he wanted grilled food for dinner and I remembered that I had bought some "happy chicken" last week on sale.  I decided to make a quick marinade, and this beautiful summer dinner was born.  I plan on making this a summer staple in our house.  It was so quick, easy, and delicious.

Summer Marinated Chicken

Ingredients - 
  • 4 chicken breasts (or whatever your little heart desires)
  • 1/4 c lemon juice
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 c canola oil
  • 2 T brown sugar
  • 1 t sea salt
  • 1/2 t oregano
  • 2 minced cloves garlic
Directions -

-Put it all in a ziploc bag 
-Let marinade at least 3 hours for full flavor (up to 24 hrs)
-Grill on medium high until cooked through

We enjoyed ours with some quick grilled potatoes that I chopped, par cooked in the microwave for 6 minutes, sprinkled with garlic powder and seasoning salt, and put on kebab skewers.

Simple delicious dinner!

Question of the day - 

What gets you going on Mondays?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

What's a "Happy Chicken"??

 
At April 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Blogger What's Annie Making? said...

Haha! "happy chicken" is just my name for organic, free range antibiotic free, no hormones added chicken. I always just figured the chicken is much happier before it's killed because it's not so overgrown that it can't walk... and it makes me happier knowing that I am not eating nasty chemicals.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: Summer Marinated Chicken

This page has moved to a new address.

Summer Marinated Chicken