Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sourdough baguettes

First things first, you can now follow me on Bloglovin'.  I just thought I'd make things a little easier on you guys and give you a way to get access to all of my posts without filling up your inbox.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Okay, now that that's taken care of, I promised you that I would share the sourdough baguette recipe that I made with my manly beef stew last night.  I've been working on growing my own sourdough starter for the past few weeks and I finally had enough to bake some bread.  In this time, I've learned that I'm better at growing bacteria in a jar than I am tomatoes outside.  I even almost killed my starter on day 5, but with a little life support (water) I brought it back from the dead.  It's now alive and kicking!  And ready to bake with.
I followed Mama Pea's sourdough bread recipe exactly and it turned out great!  I can't wait to make more of these loaves (they were so simple!) and make other things with my starter.  If you don't have a starter of your own, you can buy one online, or according to Mama Pea you might even be able to get some from your local bakery.
I'm not going to share the whole recipe with you because it belongs to Mama, but I will show you my process and how things looked along the way.  For the full recipe, click here.
add ingredients to mixer with dough hook attachment
knead until it clears the sides of the bowl
place in oiled bowl, cover, let rise
form into loaf shape
bake
slice and serve
This bread was so easy and delicious!  I loved that the stand mixer and sourdough starter did pretty much all of the work for me.  The honey offset the sour taste a little and provided a nice depth to the flavor.  We loved it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: Sourdough baguettes

This page has moved to a new address.

Sourdough baguettes