here is more great information about avocados)
One of my favorite ways to enjoy avocados is in the form of guacamole. I feel like ever since I learned how easy this stuff is to make, I've become sort of a guacamole snob. The best guacamole is made with just a few simple ingredients. There is no mayonnaise involved. No chemicals. That "guacamole dip" that you can buy in the grocery stores, gross. How in the world can they make that stuff stay bright green forever? I don't want to know. What I do know is that the home made stuff is tasty. With chips, in tacos, on a salad... And here's how you do it!
- 2 ripe avocados (for information about how to tell if your avocados are ripe check this page out)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 T lemon juice (lime works great too)
- 1/2 diced jalapeño
- 2 T diced tomatoes
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut open avocados, remove pits with a spoon, scoop fruit out into bowl
- Mash the avocados with a fork, or potato masher (the latter works a little bit better in my opinion)
-Once you have the consistency you desire (I like mine slightly chunky), add the rest of your ingredients and stir
We ate ours on top of tacos that I made with shredded chicken, corn, and white beans.
(I may have also consumed a whole bunch more with chips after the tacos - What? I like shiny hair :) )