Thursday, April 5, 2012

hummus pizza what?!?!

Good afternoon folks!  Guess what?  It's almost Friday!!!!!  This week has felt a little wacky for me.  I'm a girl who likes to stick to a routine.  I know when I like to get to bed, and when I like to get up in the morning.  My days are generally pretty well planned out for me thanks to my google calendar.  Being organized normally helps me tackle everything I need to in a day without feeling overwhelmed.  I even make sure to pencil things in for fun, like Friday date nights.  Neurotic much?  This week has not been well planned.  I keep thinking of more and more things that I need to get done, and nothing is happening quite as it should.

It's times like these when I need to take a step back and look at the big picture.  I need to focus on the good things that happen, not just the bad.  And most importantly, I need to realize that it's not up to me.  It's silly to worry about things that are out of my control.  I am one person, and even though it might seem like I have a lot on my plate right now, I have not been given more than I can handle.  Some times when things don't seem like they are going my way, it's because my way is not the way they are supposed to work out.  Having faith that everything will be okay is hard sometimes, but it is the thing that gives me hope.  I need to learn to let go of my routine and not get thrown out of whack when things aren't going as I had planned. 

Sorry for my ramblings.  These are just things that I have been thinking about a lot over the past day, and I think that a lot of you can probably relate to them.

As for food - I may have created a monster last night.  I combined my two favorite things into one.  Hummus.  And pizza.  Say what?!?!  That's right.  I did it.  And it's fantastic.  You should probably all try this tonight, and then again tomorrow too. 

Hummus Pizza

To start out I made my favorite pizza dough again, except this time I used half whole wheat pastry flour and 1 T honey instead of olive oil.  I really like the nuttiness that the ww flour added to the dough, though it doesn't get quite as crispy as the regular recipe gets due to the different gluten content.

Then, I made a batch of my basic hummus.  If you don't own a food processor (I realize I've been going a little heavy on the fp recipes lately), use store bought.  It will still be great.  Promise.

I also decided that roasted red pepper would be fantastic on here so I roasted a red pepper in my oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees before I baked my pizza.  To do this, just brush a little olive oil on the outside (or spray with cooking spray) and stick the pepper (without the core) directly onto the middle rack of your oven.  Place a pan underneath in case it drips.  You can turn it 2-3 times while it's cooking.

Then it came time to assemlble the pizza.  I baked my dough with no toppings for 10 minutes at 435 degrees first.  Then take it out of the oven, switch the oven to broil, and spread on the whole batch of hummus maybe 1 1/2 cups).  Then add the toppings: shredded mozarella cheese, roasted red pepper strips, zuchini, tomatoes, purple onion and feta cheese.  Put it back in the oven for another 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.

I want to make this for dinner every night of the week.  Seriously guys, hummus is yummus!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Oishii Treats said...

Yum! I love hummus pizza its the best combo ever.
by the way I wanted to let you know I passed on a award to you :) its the Liebster Award come on over to my blog and grab your badge! have a great weekend.

 
At April 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM , Anonymous BinomialBaker said...

something must be in the air! I just made greek pita pizzas!!! Check it out: http://binomialbaker.blogspot.com/2012/04/mini-greek-pita-pizzas.html

I love that you made your own pizza dough though! Next time, I will have to try that!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM , Blogger What's Annie Making? said...

Oh how funny! Yours look delicious too. I actually had half of a batch of pizza dough left over from earlier in the week so I used that. Super easy and quick dinner!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger What's Annie Making? said...

Thanks so much Neshanne for this award! I love how much support there is in the blog world. Hope you had a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: hummus pizza what?!?!

This page has moved to a new address.

hummus pizza what?!?!